Everything we do – every project, every implementation, every IT adventure – revolves around the promises we make to our clients:
We promise clients that we will…
- Not allow conflicts of interest.
- Keep client information confidential.
- Serve with integrity, competence, and objectivity.
- Not take advantage of confidential client information for ourselves or our firms.
We promise that in our engagements we will…
- Immediately acknowledge any influences on our objectivity to our clients.
- Accept only engagements for which we are qualified by our experience and competence.
We promise that our fees…
- Will be agreed upon in advance.
- Will not change unless thoroughly discussed and mutually agreed upon.
We promise that as professionals, we will…
- Not advertise our services in a deceptive manner.
- Respect the intellectual property rights of our clients.
Our operating ethics are based on general “good human-ness” – you know, the Golden Rule – as well as IMC USA’s Code of Ethics. IMC USA stands for the Institute of Management Consultants USA, an organization founded in 1968 and dedicated to promoting excellence and ethics in management consulting through certification, education, and professional resources. It is the certifying body and professional association for management consultants and firms in the United States, and we are proud to have been a member since 2008.
All IMC USA members and Certified Management Consultants® (CMCs) pledge in writing to…
- Serve clients with integrity, competence, independence, objectivity, and professionalism.
- Mutually establish with clients realistic expectations of the benefits and results of their services.
- Only accept assignments for which they possess the requisite experience and competence to perform and only assign staff or engage colleagues with the knowledge and expertise needed.
- Ensure that they have worked with clients to establish a mutual understanding of the objectives, scope, work plan, and fee arrangements.
- Treat appropriately all confidential client information that is not public knowledge, take reasonable steps to prevent it from access by unauthorized people, and not take advantage of proprietary or privileged information.
- Avoid conflicts of interest or the appearance of such and will immediately disclose to the client circumstances or interests that they believe may influence their judgment or objectivity.
- Offer to withdraw from a consulting assignment when they believe their objectivity or integrity may be impaired.
- Refrain from inviting an employee of an active or inactive client to consider alternative employment without prior discussion with the client.
These are just a few of the dozens of promises IMC USA members make – promises that PM Kinetics makes to you, too.